Saturday, September 27, 2008

pointless ranting

Today I was suddenly hit by a wave of reality from a gathering with some friends and a MSN nick by another friend:

"drawing the 2nd last NSF pay soon"

Come November and December most of the friends around me will become the happiest people in the world for at least a while, as they finally retrieve their respective little pink identification cards that were forcefully taken from them and confiscated on their first days to the little beautiful island to the north east of our motherland.

All these happening while I'm still packing my bags, leaving my lovely little home 9pm on Sunday nights and only returning on Fridays, and having all the weekdays of the week in the new pixellated uniform facing the same old people doing the same old things.

Its not as bad as it sounds actually, for my saviour comes in the form of Wallaby 2008, which allows me to be away from my unit for almost two entire months, although two months seem a little too long haha. But I just feel kind of sad I will still be stuck in my bloody unit when others get their liberation and freedom.

I'm kind of regretting not watching the Formula One at the scene; although I still prefer watching on TV so I can see the entire race. Then again it is quite an experience to be at the scene getting a high from the roar of the racing cars speeding past. May Vodafone McLaren Mercedes win!

Finally got my hands on a camera! Not mine; it belongs to my friend. Hopefully I can bring some decent photos home from there. I want to learn photography leh.

No comments: