This week was one of those 'last laps' again, as preparations for the upcoming event continued. Lack of experience and proper equipment meant we had to redo our preparations many times. Again like mentioned before, computers are so dumb; when errors occur they can continue to run like the Sun rise and set each day; so as this week came to a close we were only about half done, and from next week onwards I can't be around to help anymore.
I salute the new birds for their perseverance and determination to get their jobs done. Facing those dumb unfeeling dead objects I don't think I can hold out as long as they could. On the other hand though they are already showing signs of raising the white flags in the faces of these stubborn machines, and I wonder if they can survive this very major event.
Thursday's COS duty, only my third [and I wondered is it my last?], can be considered one of the worst duties ever. Raising the flag during S3's parade was easy, recalling people back from their offs to participate in a dumb half-an-hour parade was also easy; getting people into trouble and punishments when partially I was at fault wasn't.
Formula One Singapore Grand Prix! I am too poor to purchase tickets to watch the race up close, but then I prefer watching on TV where I can see the whole race than sitting in a fixed position and watching the cars vroom past every minute. Hurray to Channel 5 for telecasting the show live. It has been many, many, many, many, many years since Formula One races were last telecast on free-to-air TV.
Besides the Formula One Singapore Grand Prix another event was also jostling for newspapers headlines the past few days: the China milk scandal. Some of us went crazy [half jokingly] after we realised that we had consumed some of the products tested positive for melamine. One of them was

in which I had also eaten one packet from. One packet consisted of ~5 pieces of potato crackers, and our dearest Government agency has stated that I have to eat at least 520 pieces of it in order to kill myself. Others were crying over the tubs of contaminated ice-cream and bottles of contaminated milk they had consumed in the past, and of course, who can forget the famous, now infamous, 大白兔奶糖?
To stop here, because I have run out of things to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment