Tuesday, August 12, 2008

six

[This is a scheduled post because, aiya you know why lah.]

*****

Tuesday:

While the whole world went slight ga-ga over 080808 I am here celebrating the big six!

6) Six more months to ORD loh!

6) This is my six hundredth post!

6) Its 6.06pm when this post was published! [Ok fine that was simply to add on the coincidence and has no significant meaning to it. Kind of 勉强 I know hahaha.]

Due to various circumstances I have not gotten down to the first step to handing the baton over to the new birds: teaching them. Hopefully this can be done soon, so that after the Army Half Marathon at the end of the month and an exercise in September I can start seeing the light at the end of this horrible tunnel.

The past hundred entries had been hard to come by, because access to computers has been limited to weekends, and where I am now there is really nothing much to say; either that or I don't really wish to recall whatever had happened. Its nowhere near the yesteryears of school life.

*****

Monday evening before I set off for camp [I had to save on entries or the above cannot happen. 601st post just doesn't sound right.]:

The cupboard beside my study table, while being easily accessible and all, has been left untouched for quite a long time, and now it has become some sort of a time capsule. While I was cleaning the study table I decided to clear out the cupboard as well, and out I digged some rather interesting things. If I should still be in the mood when I return home and I can get my hands on a camera I may put some photos up here. Otherwise, consider it never mentioned before.

Spent the weekend completing Frontlines: Fuel Of War. For most parts of the game I was a armoured infantry, driving tanks to provide armour for my comrades and taking out the major targets, then dismounting to clear the objectives. Mount, boom!, dismount, clear, mount, it goes on.

Alot of gadgets to play with, ala 3rd Generation army [It is.]. When running into heavily defended objectives I could remotely control mini robots or mini choppers in to clear them out. Fun! The game also decided to ignore logical reasoning when it came to its armoured car. When I mounted the vehicle I controlled both the vehicle and the machine gun, although the graphics clearly showed two persons in the vehicle, one driving, one shooting.

Loading times took a little too long, although it was my computer that was slow [Can I blame the game for over demanding specifications?]. The bots that fought alongside me were too dumb, almost at the same level as the bots in the Battlefield series of games. Couple of terrible bugs were present, like after I shot down an observation tower, the sniper standing at the top did not trumble down together with the tower, but continued shooting at me standing in the air.

Overall not a bad game; good graphics, good sounds, good animations, good storyline, good gameplay. Kept me entertained for a Saturday.

Finally they decided to build a fourth university, and on the eastern side of our beloved island at that. Unfortunately it was too late for me now; I will be spending my four years of tertiary studies travelling to and fro [almost] two ends of Singapore. I would have seriously considered this fourth university if it is going to offer decent courses at decent fees.

Naming the New University

Ahahahahaha given previous experiences in naming Marina Bay Marina Bay and naming the Budget Terminal, well, the Budget Terminal, I won't be surprised if they decided to call this new university, the New University, if the title of the above page is anything to go by.

Ok la they can't be that stupid. I'm betting on 'Changi University'.

The past two weeks had been peaceful; the green flashing man did not appear, my mobile phone did not ring. May our beloved island remain peaceful forever.

No comments: