Saturday, August 02, 2008

'i used to have dinner with my wife every night'

Should I say that I used to have dinner with my family [ok fine, maybe not so much of 'family', but at least at home] every night, until I was enlisted?

Past week was spent under the ridiculously hot weather perfecting our drills for the one big wayang show; finally its all over. Amidst the baking sun and the constant berating from the not-so-pleased bosses I actually did not mind doing it, because I could ignore almost all requests for help in the name of preparing for the parade. Haha.

Then there was also the fieldpack inspection on Monday evening, conducted by the big bosses to make sure we were ready for the green flashing man.

Money Not Enough II isn't too bad a movie; I'm actually quite surprised they retained the filming style from the first movie; I can't put it in words, but they are similar.

I also find them to be rather bold enough to add quite a considerable amount of animated graphics in the movie. The abundance of CGs in Hollywood movies these days made Money Not Enough II's animated scenes look like suicide, but I do know the amount of time and effort needed to get even such effects out, given the relatively low budgets local movies get.

Saturday was dinner at Marina Square at yet-another-restaurant-which-I-probably-will-not-step-into-again-for-a-long-time-to-come to celebrate my upperstudy's birthday. Luck was on us when we were able to catch the fireworks from the nearby National Day Parade rehearsal. Beautiful!

Good news and bad news for me. Good news is that I will be acting as enemy for battalion's full troop exercise next week; bad news is that I am no longer going to Taiwan in October. The reason why they are good and bad respectively is the same: anything beats staying in unit.

Two hopes from me: One, hope that the green flashing man does not come on. Two, hope that I can be scheduled for marshalling at Marina after next week, because as mentioned, anything beats staying in unit.

No comments: