Friday, May 30, 2008

sapping on the trail

It seems weird that a year from now I am going to study the number one thing I hate most.

We depend on it so much these days that we cannot live a day without it, yet it is so dumb, when something goes wrong, it continues to run things like nothing has gone wrong at all, and it cannot say anything more useful than "Connection failed." And now people spend more time talking to it than their own family members and friends. Some dumb people like me probably spend more money on it than their own family members and friends.

The number of problems that came up on the first day was so overwhelming; I felt so helpless that I wanted to cry.

I totally gave up on the last day of the event; I have done everything I could; changed every setting that could be changed, restarted everything that could be restarted, configured everything that could be configured. It refused to budge. It was one of the few times I actually gave up on a problem.

And yea, I'm going to play with this dumb thing for the rest of my life. Hurray.

***

Seven people from my company ORDed today. Felt sad they were leaving, for there will be lesser people around to make life in this shithole better. Felt happy they were leaving, because they were finally leaving this shithole.

***

Long month ahead. Likely to be a slow moving one.

No comments: