Just as I thought the cyclone that hit Myanmar was bad enough there came the earthquake that jolted China. So in a matter of two short weeks some 150,000 people were wiped off the face of the earth just like that.
The news were especially graphical this time when it came to reporting the tragedies. The grief, tears and anger of the victims were clearly telecast on national TV and splashed across newspapers; reading and listening to the grim reports about rising death tolls and helpless survivors were just as depressing. Those who wanted to save could not save; those who wanted to be saved could not be saved.
Should I feel sad for those who died, for they have left the world without a proper goodbye? Or should I feel angry, for they have left many who loved them deeply? Or happy, for they have escaped this living hell for somewhere heavenly?
As usual the week was spent preparing for the major event coming up. Went to jump into dirty water on Tuesday to practise escaping from sinking vehicles, while the rest of the time was trying to get something we never tried before to work.
Although there is still alot of work to do next week the bosses still decided to squeeze time out for a SOC practice and a test, the number one morale destroying physical activity which I will probably fail anyway.
I decided to wait at least till the end of the month before I consult a doctor regarding my foot rot, since word has it that we will have to throw ourselves into more dirty water during the major event itself. My feet doesn't look as bad as the name sounds though.
Never too late to say, since 120508, 9 more months to ORD! One digit looks [slightly] better than two digits.
No comments:
Post a Comment