Couple of "firsts" this week.
Went for my first ever aqua jog yesterday, which the name implied, running in the water. Instead of wading in a shallow pool, which I(and probably everyone else who had never done that before) thought it was, we had floats attached to us before getting into a pool where one end spelt 1.2m and the other end, 4.3m. Only our heads were above the water, and we did a couple of laps in running motion.
Looked easy, but it was not long before the hamstrings started to tire out. Still I guess this was better than S0C, and most of us won't mind more.
Just as everyone thought today would be a relaxed day after the usual physical training, the bosses decided to turn all of us out, the first time ever. I just came out of the bathroom half naked [upper half, in case anyone is strangely interested] when the turn out was called, and five minutes later I was at the parade square in full battle order.
Personally I think I am a much more tolerant person than many out there; I can tolerate abuses hurled at me, bad service, bad food etc; usually I just smile and forget. But one thing I can never tolerate is hunger!
The boss decided to call for a meeting today, not earlier, not later, at lunchtime. He is well known to be very naggy and long winded, as usualy it took him more than an hour just to tell us the events to come in the following months. Really difficult to bear through it.
A hungry sqw is a very, very, angry sqw.
Hurray to Singapore on getting the first ever chance to host the first ever Youth Olympics Games. I always love big events like this; they spice up the otherwise boring everyday atmosphere. With YOG there will be more things to read in the newspapers, more things to see and hear in the news, and more things to discuss with friends about. Hopefully they don't screw up like the Singapore Grand Prix ticketing system.
I am looking forward to the first ever Singapore Grand Prix too! I have always enjoyed watching the Monaco Grand Prix because its a bloody difficult track so the race is usually an exciting one. Hopefully the Singapore GP will provide the same, if not better, entertainment.
Go McLaren Mercedes!
My computer has gotten unstable after I added a fourth fan at the front to take in cold air to cool the components inside. Occassionally the computer keeps restarting itself instead of booting into Windows, a problem which I don't know why. I can only guess some loose connection somewhere. Also now this additional fan gives off a soft but quite irritating humming sound, because its quite a powerful fan.
Sudden mental block, until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment