I have fallen victim to the haze! I am now down with a flu =( Have not had one for years. I downed tablets which made me drowsy, which explains for the lack for productivity today.
Last friday was Farewell Assembly for the Year2s. Time really flies, last year I was in the audience bading my seniors goodbye, this year I am being bade goodbye.
Farewell assembly was ok. There was a speech done by the principal, accompanied by a Powerpoint presentaton (which was nicely done as usual), a couple of videos done by Infocomm, a percussion performance (I personally find it slightly out of place, but the music was good), a skit from the house committee (heavily laced with how we won the Soccer finals), a surprise performance from the teachers, although it was mostly dancing by them, and a dedication thingy by the teachers for the students, then college anthem and mass dance to end the ceremony.
Each of us received a ring with "VJC" engraved on the outside and the motto on the inside, as a farewell gift. A series of photo-taking marked the end of all.
I hate VJC. I hate it for its obsession with Soccer. I hate it for its obsession with achievements. I hate it for its obsession with flower clocks and treehouses and greenerys. I hate it for its obsession with ripped off LT chairs and stinking toliets. I hate it for the stress.
I love VJC. I love it for the freedom and respect given to the students. I love it for its half days (and full days). I love it for the support given. I love it for all the opportunities given. I love it for the wonderful teachers. I love it for the fun and cosiness. I love it for the iCOMP room.
Haha are the 'hates' outweighing the 'loves'?
Sometimes I wonder what will have become of me if I have not chosen VJC.
If I had not chosen VJC, I would not have learnt competitive programming properly, and subsequently joining NSC and NOI. If I had not chosen VJC, I would not have done my own micromouse program (AHS days micromouse was done under the shadows of my friend). If I had not chosen VJC, I would not have met very inspiring seniors. If I had not chosen VJC, I.....how much more should I add?
(Haha, if I had not been to VJC, perhaps I would have personally known p-@-s-0-n1@.)
Two years have been way too short and hectic. There was no time to go around understanding my friends, no time to make myself understood by my friends, no time to find out what VJC really is beneath the nice impression it has created for itself.
Of course, there are things worth remembering. For example, the cakes baked by the computing teacher.
And the cries that had rung in my ears for the past two years:
Good morng mr sum!
Well done!
May the FORCE be with you.
So how?
Ask me ask me!
Where's your summary? Take out your summary! (Can interchange with "TYS")
....can
My very own civics tutor. Someone of a character I have never, ever, encountered before. The purpose behind his each and every doing is for our own good, that I can see, yet he does it in such a way we cannot comprehend. And so, I do not know how I should feel towards him.
Ya, my thoughts are in one big mess. They are. I'm unsure of myself.
I am resistent to changes. I prefer to stick to the old and known. Yes I was one of the guilty ones who stuck with my AHS friends when I first entered VJC. When the results came out, my good friends inside VJC left. Then some good friends in different JCs became classmates in the same JC. Then I became all alone.
Now, I am more or less integrated into the class. Not a bad class, I think. But... ...
During the farewell assembly an announcement was also made that our principal will be leaving; replacing her is some guy previously from HCI.
After experiencing very disappointing principals back in AHS, the VJC principal is one of the better ones I have met so far. She is one who can perfectly strike a balance between discipline and freedom. Hopefully the new principal will continue to run it her style. Or, as she calls it, continuity. I wish her well.
What a messy post. I can never get my thoughts sorted out.
No comments:
Post a Comment