Saturday, February 13, 2010

chinese new year woes


Do-Re-Mi!

The refrigerator is probably the most 'difficult' electronic appliance to buy. Let me explain.

Years back, the original fridge my family was using broke down one fine day all of a sudden.


Don't pray pray. This National fridge is, now was, older than me.

With all the raw food inside there was a need to get a replacement immediately. Unfortunately the electronic appliance shop near my house only had small sized ones from LG available for immediate delivery. No choice, we had to accept it. But the fridge was small, so my father repaired the old one, and for a long time we had two fridges running in the house.

Fast forward to now:


Chinese New Year ma.

This year my parents decided to increase the capacity of our cold storage. Unfortunately, due to miscommunication between my parents, as always, two fridges turned up at my house. The small one is a old Toshiba from my aunt, who was throwing that away for a new one, while the new, bigger one, is a Sharp purchased by my father.

The final decision is to use the big Sharp and the small Toshiba fridges, selling off the LG replacement we bought years back, and of course, throwing the green National away.

Interestingly when I opened up the freezer compartment of the Sharp,


Chinese New Year ma.

I think space is like money; no one will complain they have too much of it.

*****************************************

Today I was tasked to wash the corridor outside the house. The idea was to connect two water hoses together from inside, spray, and scrub. Unfortunately I did not tighten the connection between the two water hoses, because I thought they were tight enough. The water pressure caused the two to separate, and the house was wetter than the corridor at one point.

Well my mother was at work, and people don't like others to label them 越帮越忙, so I had to clear up all the water inside the house before my mother returned home in half an hour.

With a mop, some strength [because I couldn't find the 'mop squeezer' so I did it by hand], and an unlikely helper...


The troublemaker and the saviour.

...job done, both inside and outside!


The only hints in my house that its Chinese New Year. But alas the advertisement came at the wrong time.

Happy Tiger Year to all!

No comments: