Monday, January 26, 2009

new year happy

As we usher into the new year of the Ox, I look out of my house window. Just like previous new years the lights of many neighbouring apartments are still on, in addition to the bright flames from the burning candles and incense paper. Then I notice that many lights from the studio apartment across the road are also on as well, which makes me wonder if the aged living there have anybody to celebrate CNY with. I guess for them its already a disappointment that Lunar New Years these days are vastly different from the times of yesteryears where they were noisy affairs with firecrackers and strong crowds and all.

Hopefully without the firecrackers or the crowds today the aged living in the studio apartment will still have families, or at the very least, some friends, to celebrate the new year with.

No comments: