EDIT
Someone wrote into the papers today regarding him incurring high IDD charges because he called back the +86 number. So I guess its true after all.
I wonder what those people can benefit from this.
END OF EDIT
Have anyone of you received a phone call, which hung up before you could react to it, leaving you staring at a missed call with a unusually long chain of numbers starting with +86?
I have received one before, near midnight. Because I am a shy person by nature, I did not call back. That also reminded me of my friend who received it when I was studying with him in the library weeks earlier.
Today, a good friend of mine sent me this:
If u receive miss call starting with +861, DO NOT CALL BACK! Its a latest spam going on which u'll incur high IDD charges unknowingly.
Curious to know if its true or not, I googled around the net, and the general idea is that it may be a scam, perhaps not so much about the high IDD charges part, more about fake lottery. But there are people (businessmen who are worried that the miss call belonged to their clients from China) who called back to find themselves talking to a answering machine.
I decided to do a casual search on the number that phoned me. A check with my favourite website revealed that +86 refers to a call coming from China, and the next 3 digits, 1xx, refers to the service company. The following three digits refers to the area code. Unfortunately my search ends there because I could not find the area code that correspond to the one in my phone.
Googling the number directly also returned nothing. And so my search ended there. It doesn't really matter actually.
Not exactly a big issue, but just be a little careful.
Anyway because of the addictive nature of the site I went on to read up on telephone lines, then on ISDN, then DSL, then ADSL, then coaxial cables, twisted pair cables, Wi-Fi and Wi-MAX. Haha you try to link them together.
And yes! MY ZEN MICRO IS REPAIRED!
Repairing of the earphone jack took a painfully long time because I don't have a soldering iron small enough to solder one of the joints in between the jack itself and the usb port just millimetres away. Today my father came home with one that has a tip small enough.
It cost 5bucks, but I guess this is more worth it compared to the 139bucks it cost to send it for repairs. They do not solder it back you see, they change the entire board. -.-''
I was bored, so I read my blog entries I typed two years back, when I took my Sec4 prelims. I did not do well then, scoring 9points, with B3s for all my sciences.
Now a similar situation is happening, except this time round it is much, much, much worse. I can't even get a D for either of my sciences. -.-''
I do note that my A'Levels is quite good so far, with a Band 1 for Project Work, and a hint from my computing teacher that I did well for coursework 3. The only $%^& thing is my B3 for Higher Chinese. I hope I can repeat my "feat" two years back.
"So a l1r5 of 9 should be able to get me into tj...though i havent decide yet...i haf frens who are persuading me to go vj...But wif my sci liddat, if i go vj i will be slaughtered..."
I should have known better.
No comments:
Post a Comment