Its 6.20am in the morning and I'm here blogging. Haha. I couldn't get back to sleep after waking up so I decided to come up here to check the World Cup scores.
So yesterday was my turn to go to CMPB for my NS medical checkup. Everything was fine, surprisingly, all the way until Station 6. Apparently my heart rate is too high, and so I have to go back in one month's time to have my ECG retaken again. Wtf.
I guess I was too nervous or something, being in a new place with strangers everyone, so my heart beat abit faster. Haix.
Sian.
The checkup process was very neat despite the large numbers of people there. Go to one station, done the stuff there, and go to the next one, check, and next one. Perhaps that's the characteristic of the military; everything follows a procedure.
Anyway, the doctor's attempt to distract me from the blood drawing was not helpful. At. All. He was asking me whethe I had a girlfriend or not, and talked about giving excuses about not finding a gf etc. I couldn't understand what he was saying, so I gave him crap answers, making me look like a fool. He returned me crap replies and continued talking crap, making him look like a fool, because no one in the room understood what he was talking about. =x
So far the World Cup hasn't brought me much surprise except for the Australia-Japan match. But lately i realise that there is alot of thrill in supporting the 'minority' teams, especially if they managed to score one against the better teams and put a face of horror on their faces and slience in the crowd. Haha. I first realised this when I decided to support Togo when Korea played a disappointing first half. Even in the second half, I don't find Korea's goals as exciting as Togo's. Lol.
So now, adding to my list of supported teams, namely Singapore, Brazil, Netherlands and Argentina, I shall add Togo too! I don't think I get to watch any more group stage matches, but next time if I see the 'minority' teams performing better than the 'better' teams, I won't hestitate to support them. Lol.
The excitement of group matches, in my opinion, is when the final matches are being played. There we can see all the 'Country X must beat Country Y and hope Country Z loses. Country Z just needs a draw with Country W and they have not lost in the past 38 years' conditions. This is also the time where we can see countries cheating to get through to the next round. Example? Denmark vs Sweden during Euro 2004.
I find it weird as to why the news does not have extensive reporting on the World Cup 2006. I still remembered Euro 2004 coverage was very extensive, with both stations having dedicated sports reporters and an entire section of news on the competition alone. Now? News merely showed match replays of the goals and near-miss.
The start of common test is coming closer and closer and I'm still having difficulty settling down to work. Argh.
The only bad thing about blogging so early is that I have to type softer on the keyboard. Otherwise in the dead silence of the morning I can easily wake the whole family up.
No comments:
Post a Comment