Saturday, November 20, 2010

happy 7th birthday

Its my blog's 7th birthday today! Happy birthday!

[Ok I cheated. I missed its birthday by one hour so I changed the posting date lol]

While the number of blog entries this year is set to be the second lowest ever [actually the lowest considering I started blogging in November 2003, and I chalked up 17 posts in 2003], rest assured that I will not be abandoning this any time soon. Over the years I [and this blog, and blogging in general] have seen the emergence of various new web technologies like Facebook and Twitter, but I feel that they are a tad too 'open' for me. I am still not quite comfortable with sharing my thoughts [and photos] on Facebook, and Twitter is worse; I don't like the idea of people 'following' me.

Interestingly blogs actually work the same way, but I guess I'm more comfortable because less people know about this.

********************************************

Interesting IVLE announcement of the week:

Hi all,

Something bad: the janitor collected your assignments on your behalf this morning and throw them into the garbage bin. Though I managed to grab them back, the lab assignments get dirty now. The hw3 survived because they were put at a separate clean location.

So only hw3 are available for collection now and I will suspend the collection of your lab assignments unless you have concerns about your grade.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

********************************************

Although exams are coming really soon, I was still attracted to this movie broadcast over television just now:

Here!

Touching movie; I like. Its a pity I have never quite experienced that in real life, but seeing it on TV is better than nothing.

No comments: