
I bought the Panasonic LZ-10. It is actually quite an old camera, so old that Panasonic has already taken this down from its website and production has stopped. Whatever's left on the market are been cleared at less than $200.
It does not produce the best image qualities, but the main reason why I chose this, besides being cheap haha, is because of its higher levels of manual freedom compared to other compact cameras in this price range. While most cheap compact cameras have shutter priority and aperture priority modes where one can change either the shutter or the aperture, separately, this camera comes with an additional manual mode where I can set both shutter and aperture at the same time, together with ISO and other settings.
Its a chore actually; sometimes I feel like giving up and falling back to the preset modes haha.
Since the camera runs on AA batteries instead of proprietary lithium batteries from Panasonic, there comes a second thing which I need to look into: rechargeable batteries.
From Sanyo, Eneloop batteries can apparently hold their charge much much longer then conventional rechargeable batteries, ideal for people who keep batteries more than use them. Since so many people recommend these batteries I reckon I give them a try, buying four batteries and a charger that fills them up in two hours.
The problem here is that because they are not as common as normal rechargeable batteries, finding them proved to be a difficult task. Best Denki at Century Square doesn't carry them at all, Courts at Tampines Mall doesn't sell standalone Eneloop AA batteries, while Challenger at Tampines 1 doesn't sell the two-hour quick charger [the six-hour standard charger is too long for me]. After running around many different places I finally found the full range of Eneloop products at Self-Fix, tucked in a corner at the basement of Century Square.
Thinking back, that should had been the first place to visit. Haha.
Last but not least, what does being a Singaporean male means?
It means..

Be back in a week, hopefully with some decent photos!
No comments:
Post a Comment