
Not that bad for my two-and-a-half year old desktop.
Tried it out on my new laptop too:

Haha so much for the dedicated graphics card. Of course I'm not expecting much from the G105M; its a low end card after all, but still find it interesting that my desktop's X1950 Pro thrashed it flat despite it being a three-year-old card.
While at it I decided to monitor the laptop's temperatures as well.

It was a ridiculously hot Tuesday afternoon and the GPU temperatures especially, shot up as soon as I fired up the SFIV benchmark; I quickly blasted my house fan at it.

More 'normal' temperatures.
A little upset I cannot control the fan[or fans, I don't know] residing inside the laptop; nothing shows up in SpeedFan. Overall I'm quite okay with the temperatures, but the area where I rest my palm on gets considerably warm after a while due to the hard disk drive, and it bugs me. Haha.
I decided to get my laptop from the recently concluded PC Show, after a long dilemma on whether to get a cheap laptop or to wait out for Windows 7. So far so good, hopefully it will last long and prosper.
Firefox 3.5 is out! A little tempted to try it now that Google Chrome seems to be a little buggy to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment