Tried out one of the recommended software in the papers, Hugin, which is free for download and use!
Had quite alot of photos in sequence, but many didn't turn out nice after the stitching.
[I have a feeling the panoramic images are going to screw up my blog layout.]

The most successful photo! Result of stitching four photos together. Place in question was Freshwater Bay, which was inside the restricted training area.

The second most successful; stitched five photos together. There's a small disconnection of the beach, otherwise it doesn't look too bad. Its a pity I don't have the photos to stitch to the left of the image. This was the beach in the small coastal town of Yeppoon. Great windy place!
Overall the software Hugin is rather easy to use, although it stumped me initially with some of the technical terms. I am quite impressed with the algorithms it uses to manipulate the images; hopefully one day I can learn how to do it hehe.
All these is making me yearn for a good camera; which I have been saying for ages but haven't got down to getting one. Haha. I bloody want a bloody camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment